We take cyber-security seriously. To strengthen the protection of your investments, from mid April you’ll need a Mobile Security Key or Security Device to access your investment account and trade online or via our mobile apps.
This requirement applies to trades including securities, unit trusts, structured products, bonds, certificates of deposit, forex margin trading and Wayfoong Statement Gold.
are my options?
Activate the Mobile Security Key available in our HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. Use the Mobile Security Key to generate a security code to access our online banking services conveniently via your mobile phone. Simply download the app, activate the key and start using it immediately.
Physical Security Device
To apply for a new Security Device,log on to your Personal Internet Banking. Follow the directions in the “Manage security device” page, available under "My Profile” in the bottom navigation menu. Your new device will be mailed to you within three working days. Once received, there will be additional instructions to activate it.
Lost your Security Device?
If you have lost your Security Device please contact us at:
HSBC Premier customers: +852 2233 3322
HSBC Advance customers: +852 2748 8333
Other customers: +852 2233 3000
Steps to apply
Activating a Mobile Security Key:
1. Download the latest version of the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, and open it
2. Log on with your Personal Internet Banking credentials
3. Follow the instructions and continue by tapping "Activate now"
4. Follow the instructions to input the verification code and create your Mobile Security Key password
5. Once activated, you can start using it right away
Ordering a Physical Security Device:
1. Log on to your Personal Internet Banking
2. In the bottom navigation menu, choose “Manage security device” under ”My Profile”
3. After placing the order, your new device will be mailed to you within three working days. Once received, there will be additional instructions to activate it.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered or in the process of being registered in the US and other countries.